To Our Guests,
We are so happy that you’ve come through some challenging times and are able to be back on the road again. We look forward to welcoming you to The Fairbanks House.
In order to safely do so, and still provide you with a wonderful experience. Please take a moment to become acquainted with guest guidelines at The Fairbanks House. We are quite proud that our housekeeping staff has been recognized with the AAA “Inspector’s Best of Housekeeping Award” for 2020. Even so, this “new normal” will require some necessary modifications, but it does not mean our commitment to hospitality will waver in the slightest.
We have been carefully monitoring recommendations provided by the CDC and FRLA recommendations.
Face masks are strongly recommended for unvaccinated guests.
PRIOR TO YOUR STAY
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms on the list, we will ask you to reschedule your stay. Likewise, if you develop any of these symptoms while you are here, we will ask you to postpone the rest of your stay.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Please note that due to the extra cleaning/sanitizing time between each set of guests, we will not be able to accommodate early arrivals. Please do not come to the inn before our regular check-in time of 3:00. Please check with us about leaving your car in the lot if you’ll be arriving on the island early.
- Be assured that each room is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized prior to check-in. All cleaners, sanitizers, disinfectants, and procedures have been thoroughly vetted and crosschecked by referring to the CDC and EPA standards.
DURING YOUR STAY
- Daily in-room housekeeping will be temporarily suspended for the safety of both guests and staff. We will, instead, deliver needed items to your door.
- We will check to see if you require more towels or washcloths during your stay. While we encourage reuse of towels, if you elect to have yours changed, we will provide a laundry bag for you to bag your own used towels to leave outside your door to be picked up by staff when your replacements are delivered.
- Trash cans all have multiple bags in them so that you may pull your bag out of the can, tie it up and leave it outside your room while having the next bag in place ready to go.
- Minimum amounts of toiletries will be placed in your room and additional ones are readily available upon request. We encourage guests to bring your own preferred toiletries as we will need to dispose of any left in the room after checkout – even if unopened.
- You will see staff regularly disinfecting high-touch surfaces in common areas such as banisters, doorknobs, light switches, and more.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- As you know, communal aspects, such as breakfast and Social Hour, are an important part of the Fairbanks House experience. We are making the following changes to these, and other services:
- In lieu of our normal self-serve beverage stations, coffee, tea, and other beverages will be available during breakfast service only, 8-9:30 a.m. Please see any staff member, if you need more for your in-room coffeemaker.
- Seating for breakfast will be spread out. We have lots of space on our breakfast porch and patio.
- Breakfast will be served in our traditional multiple courses, but we ask you to be prepared with any additional requests (more coffee, water, juice, etc.) to reduce interaction with staff.
- Social Hour is an important part of the Fairbanks House experience, so we will be continuing the tradition.
- Communal hors d’oeuvres will be replaced by individual plates that we will bring to you. You may enjoy these with other guests or take them to your room – or to the back yard.
POOL, BIKES, AND BEACH
- Our pool will be open and available for your use during normal times (9a -8p).
- Bikes will be available as usual (9:30a – 5p) and will be sanitized between guests.
- The beaches on Amelia Island are open for all activities.
- Due to the extra time required to sanitize rooms between guests, we will be unable to offer late checkouts. Our checkout time is 11am.
- Please let us know in advance if we should add anything from the gift shop or gratuities for our staff to your bill.
- We’d like to thank you all for your patience in these transitionary times. It’s a new world for all of us, and we’re privileged to have you with us while we all forge our new paths.
We so look forward to welcoming you soon
Rob and Yvonne and Staff
at The Fairbanks House