Finding the perfect work-life balance is one of the best ways to improve your quality of life. What better way to do so than with a vacation with some of your best friends in life? There’s nothing better than a last-minute getaway to clear your head and the laughter of friends to remind you of everything good in the world. Escape the hustle and bustle of city life and enjoy a dreamy beach retreat.
Read on to learn more about why you can have the perfect girls’ getaway on Amelia Island. Then, request a free copy of our Vacation Guide for the best local insight regarding the best things to do.
4 Reasons Why You Should Plan a Girls Trip
Exciting Things to See
Amelia Island is a beautiful area with a ton of historical sights, museums, and fun events with a charming downtown. A few of our favorite things to do are:
- The Amelia Chamber Music Festival
- Fort Clinch State Park
- Horseback Riding on the Beach
- Spa Day around Amelia Island
Great Restaurants to Visit
There is nothing more exciting than finding a new great place to eat. In Amelia Island, there are dozens of great restaurants and bars for you to patronize while you are here!
- Burlingame – One of the newest entrants to the Amelia Island restaurant scene features Chef Chad Livingston’s seasonally inspired, modern American food with a twist. The menu is small by design to focus on a handful of exquisite dishes each season.
- The Palace Saloon – Florida’s oldest continually operating saloon continues to quench the thirst and entertain the ears of all who come through her saloon doors. Featuring a full bar – where Carnegies and Rockefellers once bellied up – nightly entertainment and occasional special events, this is a must-visit stop while you’re in town. No food just vibes!
- Cafe Karibo – An all-day experience, Cafe Karibo is an exciting place that we are sure everyone in your party will enjoy. A great menu paired with a laid-back atmosphere, this is a great downtown establishment that can fit anywhere in your schedule.
Beautiful Weather Year Round
You might be traveling from a cold-weather state with dreary weather during the wintertime looking for a change of scenery. Amelia Island has that in spades! Our weather goes from moderate to hot throughout the year allowing you to do almost anything at anytime of the year! While you are here why don’t you:
- Take a Day at the Beach
- Rent a charter boat or take a tour
- Find our favorite Instagrammable spots on the island
- Rent a bike and travel the island in style
- Sit out and enjoy the best sunset you will see on the East Coast
Bonus: The Fairbanks House
What is a great girls’ trip without a beautiful destination? The Fairbanks House is the perfect home base for your next visit to Amelia Island. Need any more reasons? Check out our Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Getaway Package to see how much fun y’all can have!