Visiting somewhere new can be a little anxiety-inducing for travelers with a special diet. That’s why we compiled a list of some of the best options for vegan and vegetarian dining on Amelia Island! Many of our favorite local restaurants feature a wide range of veggie-friendly dishes on their menus these days. Read on for some of our suggestions. Then, be sure to get your copy of our free Vacation Guide. Inside, you’ll find even more thoughtful insight on the best things to do, places to eat, and attractions to see while you’re in town.
3 Restaurants With the Best Options for Vegan and Vegetarian Dining on Amelia Island
Here’s a little taste of what you can find on the menu at some of the local restaurants here on Fernandina Beach:
1. Cafe Karibo
Cafe Karibo boasts a colorful and eclectic menu that appeals to just about everyone’s tastes. Some of our favorite vegan and vegetarian-friendly dishes include:
- The spicy Thai noodles tossed in a gingery garlic-lime sauce with tofu added
- Their famous veggie burger served with a garlic-basil mayo
- The “Tofu Tower” features marinated tofu, grilled portabella mushrooms, couscous, sautéed spinach, and seasonal vegetables drizzled with sriracha aioli.
2. Wicked Bao
Who doesn’t love Asian street food? Wicked Bao serves up a tasty selection of plant-based options that everyone will love. Here are some of our recommendations:
- The crispy tofu steamed Taiwanese bao buns with pickles and sweet chili sauce
- Their “Vegan’s Delight” option, which features sauteed vegetables, seared tofu, and jasmine rice
- The Sichuan dan dan noodles consist of egg noodles, Sichuan chili oil, snowpeas & shitake mushrooms
3. The Patio Place
The Patio Place is a fresh service wine bar and eatery that offers a menu full of eclectic global eats and drinks. For those of you looking for veggie options, we recommend:
- All of their crepes are vegetarian and can be made with gluten-free flour at request
- The Lightly Mediterranean Bowl is delicious and can be made vegan
- Their “Beets in a Bowl” salad features yummy ingredients such as roasted baby beets, blue cheese, candied pecans, spinach, pickled red onions, and pomegranate vinaigrette
Additional Dining, Wellness, & Sustainability Resources
- The Best Restaurants & Bars on Amelia Island
- Your Complete Guide to the Annual Amelia Island Restaurant Week
- The Best Bars on Amelia Island
- Everything You Need to Know About Sustainable Travel on Amelia Island
- Have the Perfect Day at Amelia Island’s Farmers Market
- Touch Your Toes at the Best Yoga Studios on Amelia Island
Breakfast at Fairbanks House Caters to Your Diet
By now, we’re all familiar with the runny eggs and sad fruit selection at chain hotel breakfast bars. At Fairbanks House, we go above and beyond to cook you up a delicious and nutritious morning meal so that you can start your day off on the right foot. We’re also more than happy to accommodate your special diet. Whether you’re vegan, vegetarian, or gluten-free, just give us a heads up, and we’ll make sure to consider that when preparing your breakfast.
We look forward to your visit!