It’s 4 pm, and your turkey is starting to burn, your mother-in-law disapproves of the artwork on your wall, and your sister’s baby is crying for the third time because the TV is too loud. Last year, Thanksgiving went a lot smoother, but this year has been an unmitigated disaster. If you want to enjoy your Turkey Day every year, join us at The Fairbanks House for our annual Thanksgiving tradition. Enjoy the sights, smells, and serenity of a Thanksgiving on Amelia Island.
Looking for things to do on your Thanksgiving trip to Amelia Island? Check out our Vacation Guide for all local events, best places to eat, and museums to visit.
Embrace Our Thanksgiving Tradition and Explore Amelia Island
Thanksgiving at The Fairbanks House
Thanksgiving weekend is as American as it gets. Good food, college football rivalry weekend, and Black Friday shopping combine to provide lasting memories (good or bad). Here at The Fairbanks House, we offer an all-inclusive Thanksgiving Holiday Package for up to four people.
The package includes:
- Daily gourmet breakfast – special Thanksgiving morning holiday breakfast
- Thanksgiving dinner at David’s Restaurant
- Thanksgiving day narrated Amelia Island/ Cumberland Island boat tour
- Daily social hour with complimentary beverages and hors d’oeuvres
- Daily bedtime sweets
The package comes in three- and four-night varieties, but we would love for you to stay longer if you feel like it! Our favorite part of The Fairbanks House tradition is our Friday morning pajama party! Stay in your “most fun” pajamas and win a prize for best dressed!
Amelia Island Traditions
Looking to enjoy some local Amelia Island traditions? The biggest is the PJ Shopping Day (Friday). Leave The Fairbanks House in your pajamas and get up to 15% off when you shop downtown in your pajamas. Most places will be decorated or start decorating for Christmas, and you can find free coffee and cookies in some stores.
November 25th The Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island does their annual Christmas tree lighting downtown. The Omni Amelia Island Plantation hosts a “Turkey Trot 5K” on Thanksgiving if you are looking to shed some guilt before you enjoy a fantastic Thanksgiving dinner.
Some fun outdoor activities you can do while here:
- Visit the historic Fort Clinch State Park. Fort Clinch was commissioned during the War of 1812, and the site has become a museum and park with excellent spots to birdwatch, bike, and bool on the beach.
- Go horseback riding on the beach! Take a sunset ride with one of several horse riding companies who offer an hour ride to groups of 2-4 people.
- Bike around Amelia Island. There are several bike trails worth your effort if you are a big biker or into seeing nature firsthand.
A Fairbanks House Thanksgiving
Make the most of your visit to Amelia Island in October when you stay with us at The Fairbanks House. Choose between charming B&B rooms, private suites, and cozy cottages. Wake up to freshly baked pastries, sizzling eggs and bacon, and delicious coffee in the morning. Our complimentary gourmet breakfast is one of our guest favorites! There’s no better destination to call your home away from home during your visit to Fernandina Beach.
Check our availability and book your stay today!